pcr screening bacteria

riyazandrabi at my-deja.com riyazandrabi at my-deja.com
Fri Aug 11 00:35:42 EST 2000

Hi
I have been doing pcr for both G+ve and G-ve bacteria.The method you
have used for E.coli is wonderful.What I do is that I take a bacterial
colony in 50-100ul TE and boil for 5 min.and sometimes less.then I take
2-5ul for apcr reaction.I think your method will work well will G+ve
bacteria as well, but you should increase the heat-shock time.Please
help me if you can send me a dichotomous scheme for the identification
of bacteria or lead me to one.Also, I would like to know from where I
can get the sequences of primers for the identification of some food-
borne pathogens.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.