FYI: 293T references

Peter O'Brien obrien at pharm.med.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 22 00:02:05 EST 2000

A few weeks ago I queried the group for references on 293T cells, aSV40 T
super-transformed subline of HEK293 cells.  Anyway, lots of people replied
with the original HEK293 reference, but nobody had the 293T paper.  I did a
little legwork...and here they are.  The paper that first described the
cells is DuBridge et al., and the paper where they seem to have been named
293T is the Pear et al. paper.

I hope this is useful to someone.

Pear WS, Nolan GP, Scott ML, Baltimore D.  Production of high-titer
helper-free retroviruses by transient transfection.  Proc Natl Acad Sci U S
A. 1993 Sep 15;90(18):8392-6.

DuBridge RB, Tang P, Hsia HC, Leong PM, Miller JH, Calos MP
Analysis of mutation in human cells by using an Epstein-Barr virus shuttle
system.  Mol Cell Biol 1987 Jan;7(1):379-87

--
Peter O'Brien Ph. D.
Department of Genetics

http://genomics.med.upenn.edu/genmapdb/