RT-PCR Kits

Tim Spahlinger txs at po.cwru.edu
Wed Aug 23 14:39:18 EST 2000

Hi,

    I'm inviting your comments about commercial RT-PCR kits.  I haven't
had any experience with the several kits on the market, but the
so-called "one-step" kits look very appealing (looking at the company's
literature).  I'm interested in extracting viral RNA from plasma, doing
the RT-PCR, and then doing standard PCR to yield cDNA.  I expect the
amount of RNA that will be extracted will be relatively low.
    If you would like to share your experience with a kit or kit(s),
please reply to this request.
    THANKS in advance for your help!!!!