SV: Lipase

Riyaz Andrabi riyazandrabi at my-deja.com
Thu Aug 24 07:23:36 EST 2000

Hi
Thank you both for the discussion.Dr.Clark,I have identified the
cultures and I'm sure they are Bacillus Spp.What I wanted to really
know is that are we wrong somewhere in our methodology.We grow the
cultures overnight and pellet.Then separately we check their activity
by agar diffusion method and titrimetry in the broth and cells....but
we don't find any activity in the broth.We use pellet as such i.e
without sonication or lysis and we get good activity.We are generally
using LB broth.Can it be due to the medium we are using or what?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.