Lithium chloride miniprep protocol?

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Fri Aug 25 22:01:47 EST 2000

Do not add LiCl after SolnIII -- that not how's it's done.
After you ppt the plasmid (EtOH or 2-propanol) resuspend it in TE and then
add LiCl to a final conc. of 2 to 2.5M. Let it stand at 0 C for 5h or at
-20 C for 2h. Spin 20min at 15kxg. Discard the RNA pellet and proceed to
re-ppt with alcohol.

At 02:55 PM 8/25/00 +0100, Dudley Page wrote:
>I used to use a lithium chloride miniprep method - adding LiCl after
>solution III and then ppt'ing with isopropanol. But I've lost the
>protocol. Can anybody help me out?
>
>Many thanks
>
>M. Dudley Page PhD
>Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
>UCLA
>Box 951569 (for post)
>607 Charles E. Young Drive East (for courier)
>Los Angeles, CA 90095-1569
>USA
>
>PH: 	1-310-825-3661
>FAX: 	1-310-206-1035