License for PCR in diagnostics?

Tim Spahlinger txs at
Tue Aug 29 07:46:20 EST 2000

DOCTORHIM at wrote:

> You can bet on it.  But write to Roche for the details.
> ---

Here's a little bit more info to help you out (gleaned from the Roche
WWW site):
 "A license to use the PCR process for certain research and development
activities accompanies the purchase of certain reagents from licensed
suppliers such as Boehringer Mannheim when used in conjunction with an
authorized thermal cycler, or is available from the Perkin-Elmer
Corporation. Further information on purchasing licenses to practice the
PCR process may be obtained by contacting the Director of Licensing at
the Perkin-Elmer Corporation, 850 Lincoln Center Drive, Foster City,
California 94404 or at Roche Molecular Systems, Inc., 1145 Atlantic
Avenue, Alameda, California 94501."

Good Luck!!!!

More information about the Methods mailing list