How to bring as much DNA as possible into the well?

bo pang pangbo at chem.bu.edu
Tue Aug 29 12:34:45 EST 2000

I am using an open-gene system for my swquencing which could take only
half hour to get 300bp sequence. The well of this sequencing gel is so
thin, and it could only hold 2 ul maximum. When i tried to quntitate the
optimal reading region of this cy5/cy5.5 automatic sequencer, I found that
it is almost impossible to get all the DNA sample into the well with the
the loading job, some of the sample still float out of the wells. I also
tried to use a higher percentage of loading dye for the sample mixture,
but it didn't help either.

Does anyone know whether there are some kit or trick good for the DNA
the well, that is extremely important to my quantitation experiment.
thank you very much.

Bo