dNTP problem

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 06:46:49 EST 2000

In article <mantei-85E48D.10232830082000 at news.ethz.ch>, Ned Mantei
<mantei at cell.biol.ethz.ch> writes
> disproportionation is only a problem in the *solid*
>state. According to PL, solid nucleotide triphosphates should be kept at
>-80 C, but the solutions are stable at -20 C. Makes me wonder about the
>5-gm bottles of ATP that seem to be in a freezer in every laboratory.

Is disproportionation still a problem with ATP as opposed to deoxyATP? I
know the dNTPs disproportionate when dry to dNDP then I think dNMP
(agfgaian an old Pharmacia catalogue) but I've never seen a mention for
ATP etc. I'm no chemist so just curious. I'm sure we have umpteen years
old ATP in the freezer that gets used once in a blue moon.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.