Alternative to cyanogen bromide

jimreid001 at my-deja.com jimreid001 at my-deja.com
Thu Aug 31 13:09:03 EST 2000

I am trying to perform some limited proteolysis studies. Unfortunately
my protein runs at a larger size than it is supposed to on SDS-PAGE
which makes it difficult to accurately determine the size of the
proteolytic fragments. I was thinking of digesting the protein with
something which only cuts at rare sites, such as cyanogen bromide, to
produce an accurate molecular weight ladder to run alongside my samples.
I don't really want to use cyanogen bromide though if I can get away
with it. Does anyone know of anything slightly less toxic?

Thanks. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jim Reid

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.