RecA knockout

Susanne Rohrer "srohrer(removethis)" at immv.unizh.ch
Mon Dec 4 09:54:18 EST 2000

tonic53bhm at my-deja.com wrote:

> Can I ask any clue about knockout the recA gene
> in E.coli? Or knockout a gene in recA minus
> strain?

The first has been done, but I haven't got the reference handy. It's
cited in the one below. the second probably won't work because you need
recA for efficient homologous recombination. But in this ref I've read,
they transduced the recA- allele after knockout of another gene: Garrett
TA, Que NL, Raetz CR. Accumulation of a lipid A precursor lacking the
4'-phosphate following inactivation of the Escherichia coli lpxK gene. J
Biol Chem. 1998 May 15;273(20):12457-65

Hope that helps

Susanne