search for a device allowing both dialysis and smoothconcentration

Bradley Turner bsturner at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 5 13:05:27 EST 2000

Hello Louis,

If you are still looking for I dialysis/concentrator
You might try the Harvard/Amika Dyalysis-Concentrator
It may accomplish what you are describing.

part #MB74-1112 at:
http://www.harvardapparatus.com

Harvard Apparatus, S.A.R.L.
6 avenue des Andes
Miniparc-Bat. 8
91952 Les Ulis Cedex

(33) 1 64 46 00 85 phone
(33) 1 64 46 94 38 fax
harvard at isp.fr

Brad Turner [no affiliation]

                    Bradley Turner
                Beth Israel Deaconess
                    Medical Center

Harvard Medical School          617-667-1215 phone
Division of Gastroenterology    617-667-2767 fax
Room Dana 605                   bsturner at biosun.harvard.edu
330 Brookline Avenue            bturner at caregroup.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02215                bsturner at mbcrr.harvard.edu

> Louis RENAULT wrote:
>
> > Dear Colleagues,
> > We are looking for a device that allows
> > both protein dialysis and smooth concentration by atmospheric pressure.
> >
> > Here is the kind of setup we refer to:
> > Dialysis is made inside dialysis membranes
> > in a bottle/reservoir (500-1000 ml) which can be closed
> > hermetically. One extremity of the membrane is not
> > in the solution but is opened to the air.
> > Concentration starts with this set-up
> > by introducing vacuum inside the closed bottle, then the atmospheric
> > pressure pushes the sample inside the dialysis membrane
> > and concentrates it VERY SMOOTHLY.
> >
> > This double function of the device is especially appropriate
> > -to test a large variety of buffers for solubilizing proteins or protein
> >    complexes to high concentration (10-20 mg/ml at least) when these samples are
> >    poorly-soluble and fragile in solution
> > -to avoid protein denaturation or that most of the protein (50 to 70%)
> >    stick to the membrane upon concentration by centrifugation
> >    (it happens for us with centricon, microcon, ... systems)
> > -to obtain the highest possible concentration of the sample
> >    in a buffer containing a minimum content of salt (less than 50 mM)
> >
> > Such devices were previously sold
> > at MERCK or Fischer companies (Micro-ProDICon device)
> > or Sartorius (Kollodiumhülsen-Glashalter)
> > but are not available any more.
> >
> > Does anyone know where we can buy such device ?
> >
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated
> > yours sincerely,
> > louis
> > --
> > **   Louis RENAULT                                               **
> > **   Laboratoire d'Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurales (LEBS)  **
> > **   Bat. 34, CNRS,                                              **
> > **   1, avenue de la Terrasse                                    **
> > **   91 198 Gif-sur-Yvette cedex, FRANCE                         **
> > **                                                               **
> > **   Phone: 33-1 69 82 42 47 (inside France: 01 69 82 42 47)     **
> > **   Fax: 33-1 69 82 31 29                                       **
> > **   email: louis.renault at lebs.cnrs-gif.fr                       **
> > .
> >
> > ---
>
> --