Taqman 'VIC' dye proper compound name.

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 04:57:48 EST 2000

In article <90nksm$1p$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, the eminent  at Deja.com -
Before you buy. wrote
>If someone has a good list of the most used dyes, compound names and
>absorbance emissions wavelenghts I would love a copy.

Dye             Excitation      Emission

Fluorescein     494             525
6-FAM           492             515
TET             521             536
JOE             527             548
HEX             535             556
TAMRA           555             580
Cy3             552             565
ROX             568             595
6-ROX           575             602
Texas Red       583             603
Rhodamine 6G    518             543

Sybr Green I    495             520
Sybr Gold       300/495         537

I've pulled these from a Eurogentec Spring handout so I hope they are
right! Sybr from Mol. Probes

Details on the ABI Taqman website are a bit misleading in that the 7700
has a 488 laser plus a secondary excitation line taken off that (prism?)
for the higher excitation dyes i.e. JOE

Their ROX passive reference is a FRET oligo so don't be misled by their
excitation at 488 and emission at around 600.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.