[FUN] Dumbest lab experience?

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu
Fri Dec 15 10:11:43 EST 2000

In article <4.3.1.2.20001215081347.00b6a210 at norm.dpo.uab.edu>,
  brookes at uab.edu ("Paul S. Brookes.") wrote:

[...]

> And of course - exposing an ECL western blot and wondering why a sheet of
> soggy packing cardboard from the box of film comes out of the developer.

That was my first mistake in the lab, when I was an undergraduate, except
it was a 32P exposure, and I was using a manual "dip tank" to "develop"
the cardboard, wondering why my film was dissolving in the developer!

I have heard of a one researcher running a dried gel through the
developer (yes, he knew the difference, but the safe light wasn't
working, and he was wearing gloves and didn't feel the difference, but
when he came out of the dark room, he saw he was holding a piece of film
and thought, "Uh oh.").

Nick

Nick Theodorakis
nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu