[FUN] Dumbest lab experience?

Brian Fristensky frist at cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Dec 15 11:10:05 EST 2000

I got this story second hand, but it's a good one.

Back in the late 1970's, when people were still worried
about whether recombinant DNA might create monsters,
a new graduate student, who had recently arrived,
 supposedly spilled an E. coli
culture on the tile floor in the hallway. To sterilize
it, she doused the spill with EtOH and lit
it on fire.

When a professor came around the corner to find
her tending the fire, he said "I don't know who
you are, or what you think you're doing, but
IT'S WRONG!"

Brian Fristensky                |
Department of Plant Science     |  The vast majority of so-called
University of Manitoba          |  "Management Science" could be
discarded
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2  CANADA    |  if people would just treat each other
frist at cc.umanitoba.ca           |  like human beings.
Office phone:   204-474-6085    |
FAX:            204-474-7528    |
http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~frist/