Electrophoresis of PCR products

Scott Coutts scott.coutts at med.monash.edu.au
Sat Dec 16 01:38:26 EST 2000

Probably genomic DNA if it stays in the well and you're running it on a
normal (TAE/TBE etc) agarose gel. You can get a smeary looking lane if
you've used too much template (I assume you are using genomic DNA as
template) and that would account for the fact that it is so apparent in
the wells. How much are you using for each reaction?