[Q]dissociation in high salts

Kim, Chun gidarim at family.sogang.ac.kr
Tue Dec 19 10:24:44 EST 2000

Hello.

I'm purifying a protein complex from fly extract. It binds well
to DEAE-sepharose and is eluted w/ 1.5M KOAcetate, but not in
lower salt conditions. Binding and elution wer confirmed by western
using a specific antibody for a component in the complex. What I'm
concerned is wheather the components of the complex are dissociated
in such a high salt condition.

any suggestion will be helpful.

     The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable
     one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore,
     all progress depends on the unreasonable man.