[FUN] Dumbest lab experience? What about waste of bandwith!

Susanne Rohrer "srohrer(removethis)" at immv.unizh.ch
Wed Dec 20 03:50:31 EST 2000

Well we all get smarter after we do something wrong...

I think the problem is that lab beginners, me too, are afraid to ask. Of
course it's better to think first, but then you might want to ask to
reconfirm, and I determined for me (empirically?!) you can ask the same
question a max of 3 times (to allow for scatterbrainedness).
The hopeless cases are if someone is simply not interested. Like my favorite
who kept washing his DNA pellets in 100% EtOH even after I had explained to
him why you use 70%. But making up  70% was too tedious for him.

And then there are those who don't think, don't ask their labmates, but head
straight for the ng.

Susanne