Does Nitrocellulose bind single strand DNA?

Alejandro Miguel Martin Dunn alejandro.martin at
Wed Dec 27 09:56:37 EST 2000

Yes it does (that's what most people used before nylon-based filters
were commercially available). Just make sure you bind in high ionic

Alejandro Martin
Centro de Ingenieria Genetica y Biotecnologia
PO Box 6162, C. Postal 10600
Ciudad Habana, CUBA
Tel: (53-7)216221, FAX: (53-7)214764

NOTICE: Incoming messages larger than