Building the $100 Thermocycler

A.F. Simpson AFS7 at le.ac.uk
Thu Feb 3 12:59:56 EST 2000

David L. Haviland wrote:

> I can't see what would be gained if Roche, hypothetically of course,
> were to legally go after a high school or "college of timbucktu" for
> making a manual or semi-manual cycler?  Doing so would be bad public
> relations and make the Goliath (Roche) out to be more of a spoiled-sport
> bully.

Looking at it from the other side, if you were a high school, would you
want to risk buying such a machine in the hope that the Roche legal
department is staffed by altruistic fluffy bunnies?

Plus, presumably the person selling the $100 cyclers would have some
liability?  _They_ would be the person Roche would be gunning for.

> Oh well...
> David

love
Anna