pBR322 primers

"David Alexander dalex at nexus.microimm.mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 3 11:15:06 EST 2000

Hello All,

I have cloned a series of inserts into the BamHI site of pBR322.
(I needed a lacZ(-) background so the 'standard' pUC, pBluescript
etc. vectors weren't appropriate)
Cloning destroyed the BamHI site, so I am stuck in pBR322.
I need to sequence the inserts, but don't have a tried and true
primer. There are a plethora of methods for designing primers,
but what looks good on paper doesn't always work in the tube.

So, if you have successfully sequenced from pBR322, could you please
share the sequence of any primers that worked. Ideally I need one for
each side of the BamHI site (which is in the 5' end of the Tc-R gene)

Thanks in advance.

David
---