southern hybridizations

Dennis Steinberg dsteinberg at arserrc.gov
Thu Feb 3 15:09:44 EST 2000

Has anyone in the past used the Oncor Sure Blot non isotopic hybridization and detection kits? We have used the kit and have had beautiful blots free of any background. Oncor is no longer in business and the company that bought them no longer sells the kit. I am trying to use a Life Technologies protocol but get  a blotchy blue backgroud. I believe the background is due to the blocking solution  not being effective. Does anyone know what the composition of the Oncor blocking solution was or might offer some advice to a good blocking solution. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dennis

---