genomic DNA from plants?

Chris Kafer ckafer at iastate.edu
Fri Feb 4 17:37:44 EST 2000

Biotechniques has about a million of them.  Recently one for Ferns was
published but is of course applicable to just about any plant, I would
think.  Its basically a CTAB method. Biotechniques 27:66-68  (July
1999)

 Another one which Ive had good success with is a "Rainforest species"
extraction method (Also from Biotechniques) if you are hampered by
large amounts of carbos in your prep. You will have to modify the CTAB
buffer components in this one though as I think it was mis-reported
and is impossible to make according to their recipe.

Drop me an email if you need further clarification.