Radiolabel Mol. Wt. Marker

Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Fri Feb 4 18:53:10 EST 2000

At 11:01 PM 2/4/00 GMT, Tracy Jo Litzi wrote:
>Hello everyone.  My question is: Can I radiolabel a molecular weight
>marker with P32 the same way I label my probes (random)?  I have
>labelled marker in the past but no longer remember if there was
>something special about the way I did it or if certain markers are
>better.  Thank you.
>
>Tracy

It's easy. You will have to simply phosphorylate the ends using T4
polynucleotide kinase and gamma-32P-ATP (just like phosphorylating oligos).
Check Maniatis for a detailed protocol. If you don't have one, let me know
and I'll email the protocol.

Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
GENE LAB/ EPPWS
New Mexico State University