Fix DNA in agarose gels?

rashie athukorala rashie at
Sat Feb 5 10:07:49 EST 2000

I'm not sure of the instrument you plan on using, but with a Molecular
Dynamics Fluorimager 595 (no affiliation)scanning a 2% agarose gel stained
with Sybr Green I, it is not necessary to either fix or dry the gel.  As a
matter of fact, I've stained overnight (as opposed to the recommended 40
minutes) and seen no significant diffusion of bands.