RACE and Clonetech

Gregor Bucher st2153 at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Feb 7 04:35:18 EST 2000

HI!

I´m working with Marathon - and am only partly satisfied. I got some nice
bands finaly but also lots of unspecific byproduct. seems that the primers
are not chosen well (poly GCstrech at 3 prime end - some smear appears at
slightly lower temperatures). Also the blunt-ligation is a source of
problems. Maybe the smart-race from clonetech avoids the blunt ligation
with this poly G tailing.

Finaly I got what I was looking for but it requiered many amplifications
and cloning of artefacts.

hope this helps!

gregor
--
Gregor Bucher, Zoologisches Institut der LMU München
0049/89/5902/444
st2153 at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de