RACE and Clonetech

Karthik Aghoram kaghoram at garnet.acns.fsu.edu
Mon Feb 7 11:33:06 EST 2000

I second this opinion.  In my hands, Clontech's kit did not work, but
Lifetech did the first time.

Good luck

Peter Ashby (p.r.ashby at dundee.MAPS.ac.uk) wrote:
: I'm currently using Lifetech's 5 prime RACE system, it seemed to me when I
: was looking, more logical and robust than the Clontech systems, and a lot
: cheaper. In addition if you buy (or make) the 3 prime adapter primer, then
: the 5prime kit becomes a 3prime kit as well.

: I have made the 5 prime part work, the reason I don't have the end yet has
: more to do with my gene than the kit, but I have made progress and the
: tailing works well assesed by sequencing. I haven't got the 3 prime end
: yet due to low specificity but pcr tells me my gene is there, I just have
: to design a screen for it.

: Peter, No affiliation with Lifetech.

: In article <3.0.2.32.20000205092033.006941c0 at hermes.scripps.edu>,