Variability of quantitative PCR

The Lab Rat thelabrat at
Mon Feb 7 14:22:16 EST 2000

Yves Bertheau wrote in message <389d6c45.7384100 at>...
>I am looking for data / reviews / boks / Web sites
>about the experimentally determined variability of both end-point and
>real-time quantitative PCR.
>I am interested for such results about both low contents of DNA target
>and large contents of DNA targets.
>Thanks for your help
>Sincerely yours
>Dr. Yves Bertheau
>Route de Saint CYR
>78026 VERSAILLES cedex
>Tel +33(0)
>Fax +33(0)
>bertheau at

A decent book (although a bit dated on this fast moving topic) is Gene
Quantification, Edited by Francois Ferre and published by Birkhauser.   This
is part of a series from Advanced Biomedical Technologies.

Hope this helps...

Jeff Fairman, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist, Pharmacogenomics Research
Clingenix, Inc.
871 Industrial Road, Suite J
San Carlos, CA 94070
(650) 598-7645 (office)
(650) 598-7641 (fax)
jfairman at

Check out our science and sci-fi message boards