oligo cloning

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 05:04:12 EST 2000

In article <389F4115.878E178A at pombe.usask.ca>, Colin Rasmussen
<colin at pombe.usask.ca> writes
>What I would do is to use unkinased oligos, and leave the phosphate on the
>vector.

By kinasing the oligos you could land up with multimers.

I would also use unkinased oligos and leave the phosphate on the Vector
but use Xma I instead of Sma I. That way you leave a sticky overhang on
the vector. I would then redesign the oligos to have the same sticky
overhang in the appropriate reading frame etc.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.