How to reduce the viscosity of Nuclear extractions??

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 05:39:35 EST 2000

In article <200002071650.JAA179936 at nestor.NMSU.Edu>, Hiranya S.
Roychowdhury <hroychow at nmsu.edu> writes
>A very important point!
>
>At 04:14 PM 2/7/00 +0000, Dr. Duncan Clark wrote:
>>In article <200002071548.IAA257642 at nestor.NMSU.Edu>, Hiranya S.
>>Roychowdhury <hroychow at nmsu.edu> writes
>>>Digest your samples with DNaseI. After the samples are prepared, add DNase
>>>to them (10ug/mL final conc.) and incubate at 37C for 30min.
>>
>>Just make sure you get DNase that is protease free. Even at the level
>>above we can chew up pure proteins quite nicely.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to purify monomeric or G actin in gram
amounts? An immobilised monomeric actin affinity column is one of the
few ways of cleaning up DNase to make it totally protease and RNase free
but one needs a lot of actin for a decent sized column so buying it from
Sigma is not an option.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark