cDNA synthesis and linear amplification!

John Dixon jpcd100 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 8 07:34:36 EST 2000

In article <KRa8hWAoZ+n4EAQ8 at genesys.demon.co.uk>, Dr. Duncan Clark
<Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <389ef185 at redeye.it.ki.se>, Csaba Kiss <csakis at ki.se> writes
> >You could use Superscript from Lifetech. It lacks RnaseH activity. I works
> >at 55 degree.
>
> Just in case people are not aware of tradenames etc.
>
> Superscript is MMuLV RT but in various flavours.
>
> Superscript is an RNaseH minus derivative of MMuLV RT produced by
> deletion of the RNaseH domain.
>
> Superscript II is also an RNaseH minus derivative of MMuLV RT but
> produced by a point mutation in the RNaseH domain. The protein is
> therefore larger (i.e. same as wt MMuLV RT) than straight Superscript.
>
> Of course patents are involved (yet again!) with Life Technologies
> having them and challenged by Clontech. However before Xmas the US PTO
> ruled in favour of Clontech and said that the patent claims were
> unenforceable. Therefore you can now buy RNaseH minus MMuLV RT from
> umpteen sources.
>
> Duncan

Hi there, are the details of the point mutation published somewhere? We
get through a fair bit of this stuff and it would be nice to make some
home grown RT.

Cheers for any info or recommendation of cheaper suppliers than Life
Tech.,

JD

--
John Dixon                    Lab 44 (1223) 334131
Wellcome/CRC Institute        Fax 44 (1223) 334089
United Kingdom CB2 1QR       e-m: jpcd100 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk