can I make my own poly dT primer

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at
Tue Feb 8 07:41:19 EST 2000

In article <20000208114040.27941.qmail at>, sam
wayne <yilao at> writes
>May I ask a question here? It might appear too simple
>but I am having problem of solving it.
>When I do RT-PCR, I use SuperscriptII and aslo their
>poly dT primer.
>Can I make my own poly dT primer,

Not a problem, just place an order with your local DNA synthesis

Order straight dT(18) or an anchor primer dT(18)VN where V is any base
but T and N is, well N. Whilst you are at it you could order some random
hexamers dN(6) or nonamers dN(9), as these may also be helpful

>provided the randomness?

>Do I need to phosphorylate

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark