can I make my own poly dT primer

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Tue Feb 8 12:18:31 EST 2000

In article <pfkUCRAv7Ao4EANg at genesys.demon.co.uk>, "Dr. Duncan Clark"
<Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <20000208114040.27941.qmail at web3407.mail.yahoo.com>, sam
> wayne <yilao at yahoo.com.cn> writes
> >May I ask a question here? It might appear too simple
> >but I am having problem of solving it.
> >When I do RT-PCR, I use SuperscriptII and aslo their
> >poly dT primer.
> >Can I make my own poly dT primer,
>
> Not a problem, just place an order with your local DNA synthesis
> company.

Exactly Duncan.
Folk in this lab used to buy off the shelf.

so I enquired:-)
Life tech have dT18 FS @ 55pounds for 25microgramme
Their custom synth folk can make you 2X that for 25pounds desalted. I
asked what was the difference and they say nothing it is only for quality
control.
I asked if the quality was any less and they said it ws the same.

Bizzarre.

Also MWG would do it for 10 pounds.

cheers
bob

--
Robert Hartley,
Centre for Cell Engineering,University of Glasgow,UK.