can I make my own poly dT primer

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at
Tue Feb 8 13:25:43 EST 2000

In article <rh-0802001718310001 at>,
rh at (Robert Hartley) wrote:
>In article <pfkUCRAv7Ao4EANg at>, "Dr. Duncan
><Duncan at> wrote:
>> In article
<20000208114040.27941.qmail at>, sam
>> wayne <yilao at> writes
>> >May I ask a question here? It might appear too simple
>> >but I am having problem of solving it.
>> >When I do RT-PCR, I use SuperscriptII and aslo their
>> >poly dT primer.
>> >Can I make my own poly dT primer,
>> Not a problem, just place an order with your local DNA
>> company.
>Exactly Duncan.
>Folk in this lab used to buy off the shelf.
>so I enquired:-)
>Life tech have dT18 FS @ 55pounds for 25microgramme
>Their custom synth folk can make you 2X that for 25pounds
desalted. I
>asked what was the difference and they say nothing it is only
for quality
>I asked if the quality was any less and they said it ws the
>Also MWG would do it for 10 pounds.

I agree. The same also goes for sequencing primers (T3, T7, m13,
etc.). You can get them custom made more cheaply than ordering
them by the catalog.

Hmmm... I wonder if it's also true for random hexamers?

Nick Theodorakis

nicholas_theodorakis at

* Sent from RemarQ The Internet's Discussion Network *