CODEHOP PCR

nvahsen at hot.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk nvahsen at hot.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 8 15:31:01 EST 2000

Yes, I did it. And it worked. Not much to say. It started with an
alignment of three related proteins. The programm told me lots of
degenerate primers. It took me some time choosing a pair that looked
nice to me. Then I did touchdown PCR with the primers. CODEHOP primers
are long, so you can use high annealing temps. I got the right thing
after two PCR. Cloning and sequencing showed the amplicon had about
90% homology to the known sequences. So maybe this was an too easy
task. But it worked, so give it a try.

Best regards
Nicolas