another question on DNA-quatitizing

aloiv at my-deja.com aloiv at my-deja.com
Tue Feb 8 23:04:03 EST 2000

Thanks to Jered and Rob for the replies to my former posting.

Thinking about commercial DNA ladder bands(on agarose gel), I came
across another question: the ladder bands fluoresce in different
intensities which is I think due to different concentrations for each
sized-fragment(In the photo I got, the 500bp and 3000bp bands are much
brighter than the other bands). Then, if the manufacturer adjusts the
concentrations for each sized bp fragment equal, will all of the ladder
bands fluoresce in equal intensity (after EtBr staning and UV
illumination) -- for example, 100bp band and 3000bp band with equal
brightness?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.