Cloning transgene inertion site

"T. Ian Simpson Holyrood ian.simpson at ed.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 07:44:28 EST 2000

Hi,

We are tyring to clone the insertion site (5' or 3') of a transgene that we
have generated and were wondering whether anybody has done this by a method
that does not involve making a genomic library. We are currently using
primer extension based approaches, but would greatly appreciate any advice
from anyone who has succesfully cloned an insertion site or who could point
us in the direction of a good reference or two,

Many thanks in advance for your expert help !

Best wishes,

Ian.

Dr T. Ian Simpson
Developmental Biology Lab