can I make my own poly dT primer

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 04:06:14 EST 2000

In article <02672654.fa166b7a at usw-ex0102-016.remarq.com>, Nick
Theodorakis <nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu> writes
>Hmmm... I wonder if it's also true for random hexamers?

We had them made by Amersham Pharmacia Biotech as a standard synthesis
and purification without any problems or delays. A 1umol synthesis would
cost UKP 3.50 per base for these. It is short so you will only get a
quarter yield of say a 25mer at this scale but it will still be umpteen
OD's and way cheaper than buying them in small amounts from suppliers.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.