Best bacteria for mammalian protein expression

Cornelius Krasel krasel at
Thu Feb 10 14:39:54 EST 2000

Gareth <gphillip at> wrote:
> Anyone heard of a bacterial strain that's been enhanced for mammalian
> protein expression with tRNA's more suitable for the human codon
> frequency.

Yes, there are modified BL21 sold by Stratagene. I don't know whether
they influence the protein expression considerably; this might depend
on your protein of choice.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004 at  SP4 */