ABR, JEM, and advertising

Thu Feb 10 20:17:37 EST 2000

:
:While reading the latest Journal of Experimental Medicine, I was dismayed
:to find that they're allowing a method of advertising I think is
:unacceptable for an academic journal.  In the body of an article (not in
:banner ads or off to the side; actually in the article), the word
:"affinity" is highlighted.  It clicks through to the home page of Affinist
:BioReagents.

Out of curiosity - does it at least open another browser window
or simply goes to that link, away from the article you were reading?

It certainly is very cheap, that's for sure.

:I know that this post is questionably on-topic for the group.  Sorry.
:It's something I found infuriating.  Perhaps I'm too idealistic, and
:science today is just another sales tool, I dunno.

Hey, your post is a good publicity for ABR!  I've never heard of them
but now I am going to find their web site :-)))

        - Dima