Kit for RNA-isolation?

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Fri Feb 11 03:07:22 EST 2000

In article <38A29B25.F8E86845 at icrf.icnet.uk>, i.hinners at icrf.icnet.uk wrote:

Hello Ina
> Hi there,
> I am considering to buy a kit for the isolation of total RNA from tissue
> culture.
> I would appreciate any recommendations, warnings, tips etc.

The 5 I have used are.
RNAzolB
Ultraspec2 from Ambion "I think"(preferred to the above and both about 90ukp)
Advanced Biotechnologies do a similar reagent for about the same price. I
think they have wee 20ml sample bottles. Mail me and I'll dig out the
details if you dont have a catalogue.

Promega SV kit (includes DNase1 treatment on the spin column. (spelling?)

Quiagen RNeasy (no Dnase1 treatment but I prefer it to the promega one)

If your centrifuge is small I suggest you ask quiagen/promega for a spin
column to make sure it fits. I also think they sell cheap trial boxes of
20 preps.

> Thanks a lot, Ina

cheers
bob (in the lab at 6am; I must be mad)

--
Robert Hartley,
Centre for Cell Engineering,University of Glasgow,UK.