Genomic DNA (the Maniatis way) for telomere analysis?

Hastings, Dr R.A. rah22 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Feb 11 06:54:15 EST 2000

A colleague of mine is hoping to extract DNA from tissue, digest the DNA
with a four-cutter and run the DNA on PFGE to look at telomere size. I've
got a method from Maniatis which allows preparation and digestion in an
agarose plug prior to running the gel. Have any of you successfully used
this or a similar method for telomere analysis? Also what's the best way to
quantitate the DNA prior to loading on the gel?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,
Richard

---