Non-specific amplification in the control tube

Pablo Zaltz pzaltz at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 09:08:37 EST 2000

Hello everybody,

I am running a PCR to amplify a 200 bp fragment of the Cauliflower
Mosaic Virus (CaMV) 35S promoter. I get a non-specific amplification
between 100 and 500 bp in the negative control tube (just mastermix +
water).
I have descarted any kind of contamination. Could be possible that in
the situation of primers self-amplification? Do you have any suggestion
to explain the problem? Can you suggest a web site where to analize this
parameters?

My PCR protocol inculude two well-known(for everybody, but not for us)
35S promoter primers :

35S-1	gctcctacaaatgccatca
35S-2	agtgggattgtgcgtca

Run: 	94 C/3min