RT-PCR

Jesús Torres torrespi at ugr.es
Mon Feb 14 12:25:29 EST 2000

Hi all:

    I'm going to study mRNA expression of 5a-reductase isozymes by
RT-PCR using GAPDH gene as internal control but I have some doubts. Some
people says that is neccesary perform the RT reaction with 32P-dCTP to
ensure a good analysis of mRNA expression while other authors perform
the RT reaction taking 1mg of total RNA and after PCR, compare the
different pattern of expression between the internal control and the
gene of interest. If someone has an opinion or knows some refferences
please tell me.
Thank you very much.

Jesus Torres