where do you purchase your restriction enzymes?

Frederik Börnke ricky_boernke at gmx.net
Tue Feb 15 04:27:26 EST 2000

Dear all,

I have some kind of general question. We regularly buy our
restriction enzymes from Boehringer 'cause we made some
bad experiences with enzymes from other suppliers. Since our
group is expanding rapidly and cloning work increases we are
in search of alternatives especially for the rather expensive
REs like NotI, NcoI etc.. I found NotI to be 8 times less
expensive at NEB's so I'd like to give it a try. Where do you
get your enzymes from? And how are they in respect to compatibility
with enzymes from other suppliers? For instance, we used to have
some enzymes from Amersham but made the experience that most
of them are not compatible with the ones from Boehringer with
respect to the buffer. Any thoughts?

TIA
Ricky

Frederik Boernke