where do you purchase your restriction enzymes?

Jan-Henner Wurmbach wurmbach at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Feb 15 07:23:38 EST 2000

Frederik Börnke <ricky_boernke at gmx.net> schrieb im Beitrag
<38A91BFE.C87190C2 at gmx.net>...
> Dear all,
>
> I have some kind of general question. We regularly buy our
> restriction enzymes from Boehringer 'cause we made some
> bad experiences with enzymes from other suppliers.
[snip]
> Where do you
> get your enzymes from? And how are they in respect to compatibility
> with enzymes from other suppliers? For instance, we used to have
> some enzymes from Amersham but made the experience that most
> of them are not compatible with the ones from Boehringer with
> respect to the buffer. Any thoughts?

NEB. Medium Price and good quality.
NEB Enzymes work in Buffers from Roche/Boehringer, from Promega and
AGS/Hybaid.
Read the ´Laborjournal´, they have pricelistings of Enzymes from different
firms.
There is also an ´OnePhorAll-Buffer´ (from a source I forgot) which can be
used with most Enzymes just by changing dilution.
Hope that Helps

Jan-Henner Wurmbach
Anatomisches Institut
Uni Hamburg