where do you purchase your restriction enzymes?

Jered J Floyd jered at mit.edu
Tue Feb 15 08:47:34 EST 2000

Most of our REs are from NEB. They're particularly convenient given we
are in Cambridge; we can sometimes get orders the same day. We are
satisfied with their products, and they have a good selection, (It's like
Pokemon...gotta collect them all!)

Personally, I just had a bad experience with NotI. Even at a 20-fold
overdigest I found it was truly pitiful at cutting supercoiled DNA. (I
wouldn't blame NEB for this, of course. They do mention it's bad at
cutting supercoiled, but they could stress it a bit more.)

--Jered