RNA from <100 mg leaf tissue

Chris Kafer ckafer at iastate.edu
Tue Feb 15 12:36:39 EST 2000

Guanidine thiocyanate and Acid Phenol:Chloroform extraction. is
popular (although I get big DNA contamination  in the aqueous phase).
Also called Tri reagent or trizol.  You can easily make it yourself or
you can buy a kit of you like pretty colored boxes. :)

see Chomczynski et al, Analytical Biochemistry 162, 156-159 (1987)

there are many others usually utilizing SDS and Phenol with or without
other detergents, ATA etc.  See the "Red Book" (AKA Current Protocols
in Molec. Biology), or Biotechniques etc. etc. etc.