DNA-conc. in solutions

Arnoud van Vliet avvliet at knoware.nl
Mon Feb 21 17:14:28 EST 2000

Measuring the OD280 is only done to estimate the amount of contaminants in
the DNA. When the OD260 is 1, then it is only 50 ug/ml when the ratio
260/280 = 1.8 or higher. So if it's lower, then the formula is not correct.

Look in Sambrook, Molecular cloning in the appendices

Arnoud

news:88r4q0$rk8$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...