Replication assay

karlster karlster at
Mon Feb 21 21:29:35 EST 2000

In article <20000221045925.64332.qmail at>, mimiliao at
("mimi Liao") wrote:

> Dear All...
> The bacterial plasmids i transfected into mammalian cells are able to
> replicate in mammalian cells. However i have trouble distinguishing between
> the bacterial plasmids and the plasmids that have been replicated in the
> mammalian cells. Does anyone know a good protocol for replication assay ?
> Thanks in advance
> Please reply to mimiliao at
> mimi

You might wish to try Dpn I digestion to distinguish input plasmid from
those which have replicated within target cells; input plasmid will be
digested while replicated should remain untouched.

Sorry I don't have a reference handy but a quick scan of medline or pubmed
should yield something.