Karyotype software

WSchick at aol.com WSchick at aol.com
Mon Feb 21 22:34:18 EST 2000

A  semiautomatic Karyotyping software for PC, and I think also for MAC, is
available from Alpha Innotech.  You can use their gel documentation camera
with a "C" mount adapter to attach to your microscope for image capture.
This software identifies about 80% of the chromosomes and places each pair in
order for report writing.  This costs about $2000,

See www.alphainnotech.com

Fully automatic karyotyping software is much more expensive, but has learning
capability to get much higher immediate identification.  I don't have any
experience with either type of programs but you can get a demo program to
review..

Walt Schick

<< Subj:     Karyotype software